Veal Chops with Truffle Butter
Bone-in veal chops are pan seared then oven roasted until falling-off-the-bone tender. Slather the cooked meat with truffle butter for a rich and earthy dish that will pair beautifully with pinot noir or buttery chardonnay.
2 Bone-in veal chops, 1 1/2" thick
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter for pan searing the meat
Salt and pepper
Black truffle butter for flavoring after the meat has cooked
- Season the veal chops with salt and pepper and let them come up to room temperature (30-60 minutes) prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until skillet is very hot. Add the unsalted butter to the pan and let it melt until it starts to sizzle.
- Add the veal chops and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side until there is a nice crust on each side.
- Add the wine to the skillet and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 13 minutes, or until the meat begins to fall off the bone. Internal meat temperature should reach 145F degrees.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 10 minutes. Serve with a pad of truffle butter on top of the meat.
You can make your own truffle butter, but to save time, try our Maison F. Crayssac Black Truffle Butter which can be found in our refrigerator section. Truffle butter provides a creamy and earthy flavor that compliments veal perfectly. Pair this dish with our Morgan Double L Pinot Noir or Chardonnay.