Sesame Encrusted Tuna
This recipe was featured during our February 2020 wine dinner! Briefly sear sushi-grade tuna in a hot skillet for a rare center. Serve with Asian-style couscous and your favorite vegetable for a fresh and healthy meal!
Ingredients for Sesame Encrusted Tuna:
2 Sushi-grade tuna filets
1 cup tuxedo blend (black and white) sesame seeds
Salt and pepper
- Combine sesame seeds with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle a small amount of avocado oil onto tuna steaks. Coat the steaks in seasoned sesame seed mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat skillet to medium-high temperature; add 1-2 TBS avocado oil and bring to temperature.
- Using tongs, sear the tuna on each side, 1-1.5 minutes per side. Don't forget to sear the edges!
- Serve on bed of Asian-style couscous, recipe below.
Ingredients for Asian-style Couscous:
1 cup of pearl couscous
1/8 cup rice vinegar
1/8 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon wasabi
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons light olive oil
Thinly sliced radish and cucumber for garnish
- Whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, wasabi and ginger in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook couscous according to package instructions; remove from heat and transfer to glass bowl.
- Combine vinegar mixture with couscous; gently stir in radish and cucumber slices. Serve warm or cold.