A robust rib roast recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand that is sure to please at your next holiday gathering!
- 1 (5-6 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® boneless or bone-in rib roast
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground peppercorn trio
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine coriander, mustard seed and caraway seeds in a heavy-duty zipper-locking bag; place on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, crack seeds until all have been coarsely broken. Combine with remaining spices.
- Season all sides of rib roast with rub, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour, overnight preferred. Bring to room temperature prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place rib roast in a roasting pan or on a wire rack in a sheet pan; roast for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and roast for 1 3/4 to 2 hours depending on size, or to internal temperature of 125 degrees F for a deep pink interior.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; loosely tent with foil and let rest 15 minutes. Slice roast and serve.